Dear PAML Families,
The end of this week marks an important milestone in our collective experience over the past year and a half. This week is the first 5-day week of school with all students learning in-person under one roof since March 2020. Reaching this benchmark is a testament to the challenging and often inconvenient choices we all have made to keep our school and students safe. Thank you for your partnership on this journey to maintain a safe and uninterrupted learning environment for our students.
While it’s still a few weeks away, I’d like to let everyone know that our student-led conferences are right around the corner. These conferences can be a great way to gain a more clear understanding of how things are going for your student so far this year and hear what goals your student has for the future. We will be conducting our conferences virtually like we did last year. The link to the scheduling software is below. If you and/or your student would like to schedule a conference in-person please use the link below and also call the office to let us know of your preference to come into the building.
I’d like to remind everyone that we remain vigilant in keeping COVID-19 cases out of our school. The most effective way to do this is to please keep your student home if they are showing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 and consult your family physician.
Thank you for your continued support.
Matt Young, Principal
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- 9/25 Rocktoberfest!
- September 28: Picture Day!
- 10/11 no school for students/student led conferences
- 10/25-First opportunity for optional surveillance testing (link to sign up below)
PAML students performing at Rocktoberfest this weekend! Our 5th-8th grade chorus groups will be going on stage at 10:15 this Saturday. Can’t wait to see everyone there!
PA Gear Order available here. Sponsored by Boosters SKM_C65811012506060.pdf
Athletics Schedule For The Week PA/PAML Weekly Athletics Schedule
Directions to schedule conferences
Please use this link How_To_Conference_Schedular_Parents.pdf for directions on how to schedule your student’s conferences for October 11th. Please call the office if you’d like to schedule your conference in-person and/or if you need assistance.
From our Cross Country Team…Please Reach out to Julie Higgins if you can help on October 9th!
Our one and only home meet is Saturday October 9th. We are looking for a few good volunteers. Volunteers are needed from 6:30am till clean up is complete, approximately 12:30. Please send me an email if you are interested in volunteering. Please let Julie Higgins know if you can help firstname.lastname@example.org
Schoology Access For Families
The hub for information about your student’s learning at both PA and PAML is Schoology. Please follow this link to access the resources on the LSUU website. If you are having trouble logging in to Schoology or need an access code please contact our office.
COVID-19 Transmission Prevention
We continue to pursue a multi-layer approach to preventing virus transmission in our school. Our strategies are as follows:
- Masks are required when indoors at school and on the bus (Please help remind your student to bring a clean mask and an extra each day)
- Everyone is asked to please stay home when sick.
- Students can expect to eat lunch in their classrooms or outdoors in small groups for the foreseeable future.
- Our HVAC system has been optimized to cycle as much fresh air into classrooms as possible.
- Testing: We will begin surveillance testing in late October. Both students and staff have the opportunity to be tested on a consistent basis. This is a great addition to our current mitigation measures as we work to keep our students in school full time. Please read more below and visit the parent / guardian sign-up link HERE.
Vaccine Form: If your student is eligible for the vaccine, we are requesting that you complete an attestation form. This form has been emailed to everyone individually. We are also providing it here in case you missed it. The purpose of this has nothing to do with masking at this time, but is more focused on potential close contacts and keeping our students in school. If there is a positive case and your child is a close contact quarantine will be necessary, even if there are no symptoms, without evidence of vaccination.
Announcements From Working Communities Challenge (WCC)
Shatter the silence around suicide and learn how our community can help by joining The S Word movie streaming & discussion panel (LCMHS):
- Complete form to receive the movie link,
- Watch during September,
- Join the discussion: September 28, 5 PM.
If you or someone you know is struggling, call:
- Local: 888-5026 (weekdays) or 888-8888 (nights & weekends, ask to page crisis team)
- State: 2-1-1
As always, in emergency: 9-1-1
Photos from the week: