Dear PAML Families,
As a school we are so lucky to have progressed through the first three weeks of school so smoothly. Because of our uninterrupted learning so far this year our classrooms have been able to establish regular routines and are now able to focus on more complex parts of our schedule like flexible learning blocks and supplemental instruction. Our smooth start has been directly related to our safety practices in school and the great work our families are doing at home. I’ve repeated our primary strategies for limiting the spread of COVID-19 in our community below. Keep up the great work!
Over the last two weeks we have happily returned to a bit of normalcy around our beginning of the school year field trips. We often use field trips at this time of year to build community within our grade level teams. Both of the trips we’ve hosted this year have done just that!
As a school we have developed a plan for supporting students in the event that short term remote learning is necessary. It’s likely that every situation will be different and we will have to adjust on the fly. The concept we’re pursuing is a live TA check-in, live opportunities for support, and independent instructional activities distributed to students via Schoology. I have attached our district’s remote learning handbook as well as our school’s unique remote schedule in case we need it below.
Thank you for your continued support.
Matt Young Principal
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- 9/25 Rocktoberfest!
- September 28: Picture Day!
- 10/11 no school for students/student led conferences
- 10/25-First opportunity for optional surveillance testing
Schoology Access For Families
The hub for information about your student’s learning at both PA and PAML is Schoology. Please follow this link to access the resources on the LSUU website. If you are having trouble logging in to Schoology or need an access code please contact our office.
COVID-19 Transmission Prevention
We continue to pursue a multi-layer approach to preventing virus transmission in our school. Our strategies are as follows:
- Masks are required when indoors at school and on the bus (Please help remind your student to bring a clean mask and an extra each day)
- Everyone is asked to please stay home when sick.
- Students can expect to eat lunch in their classrooms or outdoors in small groups for the foreseeable future.
- Our HVAC system has been optimized to cycle as much fresh air into classrooms as possible.
- Testing: We will begin surveillance testing in late October. Both students and staff have the opportunity to be tested on a consistent basis. This is a great addition to our current mitigation measures as we work to keep our students in school full time. Please read more below and visit the parent / guardian sign-up link HERE.
Vaccine Form: If your student is eligible for the vaccine, we are requesting that you complete an attestation form. This form has been emailed to everyone individually. We are also providing it here in case you missed it. The purpose of this has nothing to do with masking at this time, but is more focused on potential close contacts and keeping our students in school. If there is a positive case and your child is a close contact quarantine will be necessary, even if there are no symptoms, without evidence of vaccination.
Athletics Schedule For The Week
PA/PAML Weekly Athletics Schedule
Check out these photos of the week: