Greetings Stowe Middle School Families,
As your families enjoy your February break, I would like to provide you with our schedule for March 3rd. As a reminder, March 3 is both our first day after break and a remote Wednesday. We used parent, student and educator feedback to provide the schedule below.
Here is a printable ‘overview’ draft schedule for March 3rd. Teachers will be working on making links embedded etc. but to help parents and students know what to expect this link is available now.
Here are things to consider as it relates to this schedule.
- There is strong evidence that shows student success with eating breakfast and waking up with at least 30 minutes of adjustment time before their first class/commitment.
- We will offer a schoolwide community meeting at 9AM.
- Attendance will continue to be taken in Advisory at 9:15AM. Please support your child in getting to the advisory opportunity on time. Our office will be calling homes where students are absent unexcused to check in. is important.
- We are providing three core instructional opportunities utilizing both live instruction and breakout sessions for students in the morning. This will be for all students regardless of cohort colors.
- We are offering extended screen break times between classes and at lunch.
- We are still working on creative ways to offer our unified arts opportunities in the afternoon. We are excited to share this information with students soon.
- We could use your help that students are off screens between 12:00pm – 12:40pm. Data and research suggests they need this down time to eat and rest their eyes. We hope to offer some wellness suggestions during this time too.
Thanks again for your feedback on the parent survey that helped to influence some of this work. We will likely offer another feedback opportunity on this experience.
I hope you have a healthy and safe winter break.
Dan Morrison, Principal