A Message From Superintendent Tracy Wrend
Dear LSUU Community,
In recent days, we learned of three additional positive COVID-19 cases within our school community, two at PAML and one at GMTCC. Our safety procedures were followed and are continuing to prove successful. Impacted students at PAML have been out of school for ten or more days and for students at GMTCC, remote learning was implemented to allow for contact tracing and additional planning to ensure the safety of all. The students are doing well, and they and their families are in our thoughts.
While there are no specific additional actions recommended for any members of our school community in response to the cases at PAML, we want to emphasize the importance of following all safety and health guidance very thoughtfully. Several of the recent cases in our community include situations where the person with COVID-19 is asymptomatic. As we speak with possible close contacts, we also hear of situations where individuals and families gathered for non-essential reasons, and now, wish they hadn’t.
With the vaccine rolling out, as a society we will most certainly be taking more steps towards a new normal where we can be together safely. In the meantime, keeping one another safe and healthy is our shared priority and fundamental for keeping schools open for in-person learning.
Please continue to:
- monitor for symptoms and stay home if sick;
- frequently and thoroughly wash hands;
- wash and replace masks daily;
- avoid non-essential gatherings outside of school;
- avoid all non-essential travel that requires quarantine per Vermont’s cross-state travel guidance;
- if you’ve had close contact with someone who has symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19, do not come to school for 14 days or 7 days with a negative COVID-19 test; and
- answer the phone for contact tracing calls from the schools of LSUU and the Vermont Department of Health.
Together, we have been able to stop this illness in its tracks. Let’s keep up the good work!
What You Need To Know:
Cross-State Travel Information: