Dear PAML Families,
Thank you all so much for your flexibility and understanding as we made the decision to move to remote learning today. Our systems worked well, students knew what to do to continue their learning, and we have been able to focus on the important work of ensuring student safety.
Our process began on the morning of 1/11 when we were notified that a member of our school community had tested positive for Covid-19. We immediately began notifying families of close contacts and asking those identified to quarantine at home. We followed up with an email to those identified with specific instructions. At this time if you have not been contacted via email, our office, or Jordan Meyerson Director of Nursing your student is not considered a close contact.
Based on the contact tracing we have done we believe to have isolated the possible exposure to a small handful of students in our upper house. Specifically those who were in the building on Monday 1/4, Thursday 1/7, or in attendance at boy’s basketball practice on 1/7.
The opportunity to have a remote day today has not only allowed us to complete our contact tracing but we have also cleaned the building and brought in lots of new fresh-air with our classrooms empty.
- I am pleased to report that we will back open for in-person instruction for students in 5th, 6th, and 7th grade on Thursday 1/14.
- Athletics and Unbound for students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade gold will resume on Thursday 1/14.
- Boys Basketball practice will resume on Tuesday 1/19.
- Students in the 8th grade gold cohort (unless asked to quarantine) may return on Friday 1/15.
- Students in the 8th grade green cohort may resume athletics and Unbound activities on Tuesday 1/19.
- Monday 1/18 is a teacher in-service day
- Students in the 8th grade green cohort will return to in-person instruction on 1/21.
I’ve included a short slideshow and recorded message with this notification that talks about the contact tracing process and some details about the quarantine period. I’ve also included a link to the form to submit a question with this message. I will respond to those questions as part of my regular communication on Friday. For immediate questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our office.
As a reminder free meals are available for all children in our community who are under 18. Please reach out to our office to arrange pick-up.
Please contact Jordan Myerson (802-585-4087) or your student’s teacher if you have any questions, if you develop symptoms, receive a positive test result, or need support. Families that are impacted by quarantine or the challenges of COVID-19, in general, can access Lamoille County’s hub for resources and support here.
Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this unique school year.
Matt Young, Principal