A Message From Superintendent Tracy Wrend
We learned today that two students who attend Peoples Academy and Peoples Academy Middle Level recently tested positive for COVID-19. Because of LSUU’s procedures for quarantine, the students have not been in school for over a week and there have been no school-related close contacts. There is no further action needed by any members of our school community. Individuals who may have had contact outside of school have been contacted and are following health guidance.
The students and family are doing well, and we are extending our care and support. We would like to also extend our sincere gratitude to them for staying home when sick, having all members of a family quarantine, and their timely communication. These steps helped to keep others healthy and to keep our schools open for in-person learning.
Once again, please:
- Wear masks, practice hand hygiene, and maintain physical distances.
- Stay home when any member of the household is sick, awaiting COVID-19 test results, or quarantining due to travel or close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Avoid multi-household gatherings – regardless of whether they are held in public or private, indoors or outdoors.
- Travel only when it is essential.
- Extend support and well-wishes to neighbors impacted by COVID-19.