A Message From Superintendent Tracy Wrend
We are incredibly pleased and proud of the fact that we have had a positive and safe start to the school year. We successfully brought most of our students back for at least two days a week of in-person instruction and found ways to accommodate the concerns of those who do not yet feel it is safe for their children to be in school, through remote teaching and learning.
This success is a result of our careful planning and of your cooperation and support. As in-person learning increases, cooler temperatures lead to more time indoors, and holiday gatherings are on the upcoming calendar, it is a perfect time to refresh our shared commitment to keeping one another safe and healthy and to keeping our school doors open. With the support of parents, the LSUU Board of Directors and the Lamoille South Educators’ Association developed LSUU’s SAFER Pledge.
Support the pledge by:
reviewing the pledge as a family;
posting it on your fridge;
sharing it with friends and neighbors;
emailing your student’s teacher to say you support LSUU’s SAFER Pledge;
printing and signing the pledge;
LSUU SAFER PLEDGE
Each and every member of our school community plays an important role in keeping our schools safe, healthy, and open this year. Working together, we can navigate the challenges of COVID-19, but it’s going to take a team effort! We ask that all students, families, teachers, staff and community members take the following pledge.
To keep our schools and community SAFER, I promise to:
- Stay home if I am sick. I will stay home if I have a fever or any signs of COVID-19. I will complete a health screening before entering the school, bus or work each day. I agree to follow state travel and quarantine guidelines (updated weekly here).
- Avoid getting too close to others. I will respect other people’s safety by practicing physical distancing (at least six feet). I will keep my belongings separate from others’ belongings and will not share food, water bottles, or utensils.
- Face masks are a must. I will wear a face mask at all times unless I am in a well-ventilated area, such as outdoors, and can keep a safe physical distance from other people.
- Everyone wash your hands. I will wash my hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, I will use hand sanitizer. I will sneeze or cough into my elbow or a tissue to prevent spreading germs.
- Respect my classmates and community. I will show compassion to people who are at higher risk of COVID-19 by following these rules and be kind to my school and community as we work to follow these important guidelines.